You can book via phone 02-4474-4243 or contact via this site. All contact must be confirmed for validation.
Office, Depot & Mailing Address: 1017 Princes Highway, MOGO New South Wales 2536
If required our Mobile Numbers are on our Answering Machine, which is available outside of business hours.
Inclusions: Luxury coach travel, good accommodation (minimum 3 ½ Star where possible), meals as outlined in itinerary. Naturally any additional purchases such as souvenirs, drinks, etc. are not included.
Deposits and Final Payments: Rixon’s accept cash, cheques, Mastercard, Visa, EFTPOS and you can Direct Deposit. You will be required to pay a deposit when booking – you will be advised how much that will be. Some services must be paid in full at time of booking. Receipts for deposits or final payments are not considered payment until such monies are received and funds available to Rixon’s.
Travel Insurance: Rixon’s highly recommend that you take out Travel Insurance to help cover losses due to cancellations, lost luggage and medical conditions, etc.
Cancellations & Refunds: All deposits are non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellation by you. No refund for concert and theatre shows if cancelled 14days or less prior to concert/show date.
30 days or more before departure, 25% fare retained.
29 days or less, 50% of available funds recovered from suppliers
14 days or less, no refund.
Deposit and monies are non- refundable once any monies have been paid to providers 90 days prior to departure for any trip and involving sea travel.
Luggage Allowance: Each person can have one case and one carry-on hand bag. The maximum weight per piece of luggage is 20kg with no overweight pieces allowed. We request that couples bring two small cases rather than one large case.
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
Rixon’s also act as an agent for other ‘providers’, including suppliers of accommodation, other ground transport, meals and attractions. Rixon’s will not be liable for any loss, delay or damage endured by a passenger or their property, due to any act, including negligence of the abovementioned ‘providers’ or by Rixon’s.
Completion of the Passenger Profile/Medical Form, together with the passenger’s signature, indicates acceptance of the Rixon’s Terms and Conditions.
Rixon’s and any of it’s ‘providers’ reserve the right to alter published itinerary if it is in the passenger’s best interest to do so.
Rixon’s and it’s ‘providers’ and any contract operators accept no responsibility for delays or losses caused by another operator going out of business, being declared bankrupt or other. Rixon’s will not be responsible for the behaviour of any employee from these contract operators or events arising from such behaviour.
Rixon’s reserves the right to substitute their coaches with a vehicle of a lesser standard as a result of mechanical failure, or any other unforseen circumstance.
Rixon’s will accommodate special dietary requirements from their ‘providers’ but Rixon’s cannot guarantee that such requirements will always be met.
Rixon’s will not allow passengers to commence or continue their tour if their physical or mental condition becomes unsafe to themselves or other passengers. Rixon’s will not be held liable for any expenses as a result of a passenger being required to leave the tour.
Rixon’s will refund money or offer a transfer to another tour if minimum numbers are not met.
About this Policy
MN Rixon & SM Rixon (ABN 96 896 028 823) trading as Rixon Bus (‘we’, ús’, óur’). We understand the importance of and are committed to, protecting your personal information. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how our customers and suppliers (ýou’) may access and correct personal information we hold about you.
- Clearly communicate how we deal with personal information
- Enhance the transparency of Rixon operations
- Give a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that Rixon holds, and the way we handle that information
Who to contact
Once a complaint has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible.
Rixon Privacy Officer: Tel +61 02 4474 4243
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Telephone: 1300 4363 992
Address: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Fax: 02 9284 9666
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you that we reasonably need for our business functions and activities. Our business functions and activities include:
- Providing you with Rixon travel and other products and services – these are described generally on our website, our brochures, advertising, letters and emails and communications to customers, suppliers and business partners.
- Activities in support of those functions including administration, management, marketing online and mobile marketing, IT, legal, security, customer support, finance (including credit control)and human resources.
- Activities we plan for the future including new ways of communicating, new products and services, new business models and new businesses.
Generally we collect the following personal information about you:
- Your name
- Your contact details including residential or business address, telephone number and email address
- Company details (if applicable)
- Date of birth
We may combine your contact details above with other information about you, for example:
- If you login to our website we may collect details about your user name, site usage and travel preferences including preferred travel products and services
- We keep records of your travel including service provider, travel itinerary, all payment details and other general details
- If you request information from us (for example about a travel product or service) or register a complaint, we collect information about your request or complaint
We record this information (personal information) in our database whilst we deal with you. We will remove this information from our database when we have no further need to keep a record of it
We collect personal information directly from you. We may record your contact details when you call us, when you register and login to our website, when you purchase a product or service, when you participate in a transaction, when you provide your contact details via web, mobile or email or when you ask us for information or request something from us.
Do I have to provide you with my personal information?
You can deal with us anonymously (without giving us your name and contact details) or by using a pseudonym (a name that does not include your real name, for example an email address or a user name that you use in an online forum (nickname)).
If you choose to deal with us anonymously or using a nickname, we can give you general information about our products and services, but there are some things we cannot do, for example:
If you do not give us your personal information we cannot give you information about travel you may have booked or deal with a complaint you may have, provide you with a service or deliver a product or service to you at an address.
You can deal with us using a nickname together with your real name and contact details. If you choose to deal with us in this way, we may collect your personal information together with your nickname. We may ask you to provide proof of your identity if you use a nickname.
Why we collect personal information about you (purpose of collection)
We collect and record personal information about you so that we can carry out our functions and activities described above. The primary purposes for which we collect your personal information include:
- So that we can provide our products and services to you and to our business clients
- So that we can administer our dealings with you (and your employer if applicable), to provide you with information and to respond to any requests that you may have (for example, so that we can administer and provide you with travel information)
- So that we can function as a business, for example, we may collect your personal information for research, marketing or so that we can offer new products, reconcile transactions, or if you are a supplier so that we can record your dealings with us
- So that we can comply with agreements we have entered into with our suppliers and agents
We also collect your personal information for certain secondary purposes that are related to the primary purposes outlined above. Secondary purposes may include so that we can run our business efficiently, for example, sol that our advisors can provide us with customer research, or so that we can use technology to automate our business and to understand how our business is performing, to allow us to operate efficiently and to lower costs by outsourcing services (such as collecting or paying money). Other secondary purposes may include so that we can sell or transfer our business or merge with another business
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We do not use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than:
- A purpose you would reasonably expect
- A purpose required or permitted by law
- A purpose otherwise disclosed to you to which you have consented
Depending on the circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to other people including one or more of the following:
- Service providers including travel providers, agents, contractors, IT, security, legal, accounting, research, credit, credit reporting bodies, marketing, insurers, financial institutions and others
- Our affiliate companies and related companies
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, where we are required to or permitted to by law
- Your employer, if you are an employee of our business client
- To prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime)
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal information
Access to your personal information
You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you by using the contact details provided above.
We will deal with your request for such access within a reasonable time. If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal and the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act that we rely on to refuse access.
We may recover reasonable costs in relation to a request for access to personal information.
Accuracy and correction
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. Where we believe that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, and irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information.
You may request that we correct your personal information that we hold by contacting us by using the contact details provided above. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
We will deal with your request to correct your personal information within a reasonable time. If we do not agree with the corrections you have requested, we are not obliged to alter your personal information accordingly. However, where we refuse to correct any personal information as requested by you, we will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for our refusal.
We hold your personal information in paper-based and electronic files. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which is kept in our files is protected from:
- Misuse, interference and loss
- Unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
This means that, in respect of our paper-based files, we maintain various security systems on our premises, and in respect of electronic files, we (or our service providers) maintain secure electronic network systems.
When we no longer require your personal information (including when we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you), we ensure that it is destroyed or de-identified.
You must ensure that you keep any passwords, login Ids and other account details relating to our website confidential. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other internet user or any other breach of security.
To ensure your own security, you should always run anti-virus software on your computer.
When we receive emails, we will retain the content of the email and our response to you where we consider it necessary to do so. Your email address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was provided. It will not be added to any mailing lists or used for any other purpose without your consent.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the most up-to-date security measures are used on our website to protect your personal information. Any data containing personal information which we transmit via the internet is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted via the internet via us, or you, is entirely secure. You use our website at your own risk.