Overnight: Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th December 2020
Canberra, the Windy Apple! We do love a nice trip over the mountain! Ahead of Christmas, we thought it a perfect time for a quick day trip. Once we spoke to a few of you and built a list of things to do and see, we realised it was never going to be a single day.
Crazy Lex and the lovely ladies in the office have put together an overnighter in our Capital that combines sightseeing, meals, accommodation, and a spot of shopping – all in time for Christmas!
Some of the highlights:
- Royal Australian Mint tour.
- Visit to the Arboretum including bonsai gardens.
- Cockington Green Gardens and train ride.
- Included dinner and breakfast.
- IKEA and nearby shops.
- Canberra Outlet Centre.
There will be plenty of time for a few optional things such a trip on the new light rail (yes, it’s fun), walk-in aviary, a visit to the Canberra Reptile Zoo or National Dinosaur Museum and an extra shopping venue or two.
For our diehard tour group, think of this as a mini-trip – and why not?
Last year, the first excursion was booked out and we were in the process of organising a second trip, but that, as we know, was interrupted.
This year, it is on! So please come along and join us for a good two days out.
If you do happen to do a bit of shopping, feel free to go mad as we will be taking the big coach and there will be plenty of room for your things. Remember too, we take you door to door
- Door-to-door pick-up and drop-off (anywhere between Milton and Narooma).
- Morning tea, one dinner and one hot breakfast.
- Light rail ticket.
- Entry in the Cockington Green Gardens and train ride.
Twin share $345pp. Single $395pp.
For bookings please call the office on 02 4474 4243.
Before 7:30am We pick you up from your home.
7:30am Depart Batemans Bay
8:30am Lex’s soon-to-be-famous morning tea (??) at Braidwood.
10:30am Royal Australian Mint Tour (opportunity to purchase minted coins for Christmas)
11:45am Drive by tour of some of our Embassies.
Visit for the Arboretum.
12:30pm Lunch at Arboretum, at own expense.
1:45pm Drop off energetic passengers to board light rail Jolimont to Gungahlin: 30min.
2:15pm Scenic drive to Gungahlin light rail stop pick up light rail travellers.
2:30pm Cockington Green Gardens complementary entry with train ride.
- Opportunity to visit walk in aviary (at own expense).
- Opportunity to visit Canberra Reptile Zoo or National Dinosaur Museum.
- Opportunity to shop around Cockington Green.
Accommodation at Gold Creek Tourist Resort, twin share or single.
- Complementary two course dinner.
- Complementary hot cooked breakfast.
Next morning: opportunity to explore more of the Gold Creek area.
10:00am Depart Gold Creek.
10:30am Opportunity to shop at IKEA and purchase morning tea.
- Then depart for Canberra Outlet Centre for shopping.
- Lunch (at own expense) in C.O.C. Food Court.
2:00pm Depart for Queanbeyan.
2:30pm Spotlight/Chemist warehouse/Supercheap or coffee shop at Queanbeyan.
3:30pm Depart for home.
6:30pm Arrive Batemans Bay.